Do you have mold growing in your basement, your bathroom, or another area of your home? While it may only be affecting a small part of your home right now, you should still have it removed right away. Otherwise, you could potentially deal with some big problems later. Here are three reasons to have mold removed immediately.
It can spread quickly.
Mold is known to spread quickly once it starts growing inside of a house. All it takes is the presence of a little bit of moisture, and mold can set up shop in a home for good. It can be especially dangerous when it’s located in a basement or bathroom where it can get a steady supply of moisture. Once it spreads, it can be difficult to control mold, and it can become more and more costly to have it removed.
It can cause structural damage.
Most mold will begin by growing on the surface of wood, cement, or another material located inside of a home. However, if it’s able to get deep down into a porous surface, it can actually eat away at it and cause it to disappear over time. This can result in severe structural damage, and when that happens, you won’t have to simply worry about getting rid of mold anymore. You will also need to worry about making expensive repairs to the structure of your house.
It can affect your health.
When left untreated, mold can do some serious damage to your health and the health of any pets you have in your home. Initially, mold can cause allergy symptoms to set in, but over time, those symptoms will get worse and worse. You could experience headaches, coughing, nose and throat irritation, and worse. You should never expose yourself or your family to mold under any circumstances.
Do you have mold growing in your home? Emerge Services can provide you with the mold remediation services you need. We will get rid of mold and make sure it doesn’t come back. Call us at 833-836-3743 today to set up a time for a mold remediation specialist to visit your home.